Today we are going to discuss about a versatile Photoshop plug-in named Filter Forge. This plug-in can be equally used by both novice and expert users and help them in creating extra-ordinary and abstract textures and effects. Users can take instant advantage of over 7500 free community-created filters in the online filter library, or create their own filters in the visual filter editor by assembling them from components such as blurs, gradients, color adjustments, noises, distortions, or blends.
Unlike other Photoshop plugins which are only suited for a couple effects, Filter Forge comes with more than 7500 filters will suit the needs of any graphic artist, beginners and professionals alike, from scrapbookers to 3D modelers.
Filter Forge is not just an ordinary Photoshop plugin or a bundle of filter which create textures, visual effects and process images, rather it is a very unique tool and here are the reasons which make it unique:
- Ability to create your own custom filters. Filter Forge lets you create your own filters – textures, effects, distortions, backgrounds and frames because it comes with a special visual node-based editor. All the filters created with Filter Forge fully support 16- bit and 32-bit modes in Photoshop, real-world HDRI lighting, bump and normal maps, huge resolutions, and most filters can be seamlessly tiled.
- A huge collection of user-created filters can be explored. You will get free access to more than 7500 user created filters which lets you choose the best filter for you. You can also contribute your own textures and effects to the online filter collection.
- Those who contribute to the online collection will get Filter Forge for free. The basic rule of thumb is submitting your filter, when they get popular with users, you get a free copy of Filter Forge. It may sound very easy but please do not look forward to a giveaway, you will have to earn it.
- Online Filter Library containing over 7500 free filters
- Resolution Independence
- Shadows via Ambient Occlusion
- Point/Area Lights
- Full HDR Support
- Color Inspector
- Bomber Component
- Polygon and Ellipse Components
- Lua Scripting
- RGB Math Components
- Filter Editor
- Seamless Tiling
- Bump and Normal Maps
- HDRI Lighting
- 16- and 32-Bit Image Modes
- Floating-Point File Formats
- Smart Anti-Aliasing
- Multi-Core CPU Support
- Huge Resolutions (up to 65,000 x 65,000 px)
Filter Forge is available for purchase for both Mac and Windows users. If you would like to try out its features first, you may go for the Free trial version. The trial version of Filter Forge will let you use this amazing tool for the period of 30 days. Although there is no limitation to the trial version, all the features and function are available even in the trial version for both the separate application and the Photoshop plugin, but you will have to check all these things out within 30 days.
Basic, Standard, and Professional versions of Filter Forge are available for purchase for only $149, $249, and $399, correspondingly. You can also upgrade your older version of Filter Forge and can save pretty good money.