SEO has been recognized as a matter of success for websites, thereby stimulating people to try all means to rank on the top of searching results. In most cases, webmasters try to make their sites more SEO-friendly by means of SEO plugins, among which the All in One SEO Pack and WordPress SEO by Yoast are the most popular ones in the market.
Although many experienced webmasters, hosting developers or review sites like WPMatter have made a bundle of analysis to those two plugins, many people are still lingering between
the two options and get confused which one is worth going. Thus, we come out this comparison
to reveal the answer.
Unlike most comparisons that focus on the common aspects of popularity, installation, downloads, and usability, this one highlights more specific features that are unique to these plugins respectively. In this way, you can make certain what kind of possibilities you will get from each item and then make a choice based on your explicit needed and requirements.
Customer Satisfaction & Requirements
According to the statistics collected by WordPress.org, All in One SEO Pack has been downloaded over 20,000,000 times and has achieved 80% user satisfaction. Besides, the popularity of WordPress SEO by Yoast is far from AIO SEO Pack, which is over 14,000,000 downloads. However, its satisfaction rating reaches 94%.
The statistics indicate that both plugins have a large user base, but WordPress SEO by Yoast seems more satisfactory.
All in One SEO Pack
All in One SEO Pack contributes to the optimization of a website. Many advanced features are available for optimizing web content, links, meta description, and so on. Here, we would like to tell you how many possibilities that you can dig out of AIO SEO Pack.
- XML Sitemap Support – This plugin allows users to submit sitemap to Bing and Google and tell search engines about the URLs available for crawling. In this way, the two most authoritative search engines can crawl your web pages more intelligently and help to boost traffic.
- Google Analytics Support – With the support of Google Analytics, AIO SEO Pack leads users to a comprehensive understanding about the traffic, sales, traffic sources or some other aspects of their websites. If there is something abnormal on site, they are able to take steps immediately.
- Advanced Canonical URLs – It is used to stop search engines lingering between a canonical URL and a bad one with parameters. This can make your post indexed by search engines easily as the canonical URLs are better to be crawled.
In addition to the key features mentioned above, AIO SEO Pack helps to improve security by integrating with Nonce Security and allowing users to extent functionality with the help of build-in API. What’s more, it has made the operation as simple as possible. Even for beginners, they can handle this out-of-the-box plugin effortlessly.
WordPress SEO by Yoast
After going over WordPress SEO by Yoast, it features XML sitemap, meta generation and Canonical URL as AIO SEO Pack has done. Besides, some specific functions of this SEO plugin are listed in the following.
- RSS Optimization – WordPress SEO by Yoast enables you to add a link to the RSS feed pointing to your original post, which is used to protect your website from being outranked by scrapers.
- Social Integration – Since social media has become a recognized method to improve the website, this plugin integrates the most popular social media, like Facebook and Google+. The OpenGraph implementation for Facebook and sharing tags for Google+ make the integration much easier.
- Breadcrumbs – The build-in Breadcrumbs functionality allowing the creation of understandable navigation, which shows visitors clearly where they are on the website and gives them good user experience.
- .htaccess & robots.text – The plugin comes with a build-in editor, which allows a direct access to .htaccess and robots.txt.
Above all, AIO SEO Pack and WordPress SEO by Yoast have won a good reputation in the industry and been trusted by millions of users worldwide. The Google Analytics and Canonical URLs included in AIO SEO Pack make a big difference on website optimization. Besides, WordPress SEO by Yoast seems to offer more possibilities, like RSS optimization, social integration, breadcrumbs, files editor for .htaccess & robots.tex, and so on. If you still cannot make up your mind, this page compare the two plugins in some other aspects.